Garden Club of Danville
The Garden Club of Danville was formed in 1937. Its mission is to encourage the advancement of horticulture and creative design, aid in civic beautification, and promote conservation and protection of our natural resources.
Continuing projects of the Club include:
- Planting trees for Arbor Day
- Memorial gifts for planting in Danville cemeteries, as well as help with landscape design as needed by the City.
- Memorial books donated to the Boyle County Public Library. Club members also provide flower arrangements for the library for special occasions.
- We maintain three public gardens in Danville: The Mary Akin Herb Garden at Constitution Square, the Apothecary Garden at the Ephraim McDowell House, and the Humane Society Garden at the Boyle County Animal Shelter.
- The Garden Club of Danville often works with Danville and Boyle County Schools to support their gardening projects. Assistance has included financial help, consultations, and volunteering for specific tasks.
- The Club’s Garden Therapy Committee meets four times a year with the Cancer Support Group at the Commonwealth Cancer Center for a meal and garden related craft project.
Club meetings are on the first Wednesday of each month, except January and July, at 1 p.m. at the Boyle County Extension Office.
We sponsor regular workshops and field trips for members and guests. Members are encouraged to bring designs and horticultural specimens to meetings for judging and learning.
We always welcome guests, who are eligible to join after attending three meetings within six months. Annual dues are $25.
Click on Event Title to see online entry and map
| The Garden Club of Danville http://www.thegardenclubofdanville.org ~What: Garden Tour ~When: Sat 18 May 2019 (10:00 AM – 4:00 PM Eastern Time)
For more information, please go to www.thegardenclubofdanville.