~Contact: Teresa 606-309-3462 firstname.lastname@example.org | Garden Club of KY http://gardenclubky.org ~What: Convention
~Where: Boone’s Tavern, Berea Kentucky
~When: Tue 9 Apr 2019 – Thu 11 Apr 2019 (All Day Eastern Time)
You are Cordially Invited to attend the
88th Annual Convention of
The Garden of Club of Kentucky, Inc.
April 9-11, 2019
Historic Boone Tavern, 100 Main Street, Berea, Kentucky
The room rates are
Scholar Full: $99, Standard 1 Queen: $115, Standard Double/Double: $119, Standard One King or Two Double: $119, King Suite: $119. Call 1-800-366-9358 , ask for Garden Club of Kentucky room block.
Exciting Speakers are:
- Judges Council Banquet, Tuesday, April 9 – Neal Sanders, author of The Garden Club Gang and twelve other mysteries, will entertain us with his funny stories of life as a garden club husband and his experiences as Chairman of The Boston Flower Show
- Wednesday, April 10, Landscape Design Consultants Breakfast- Exciting Berea College speaker will inspire you
- Wednesday Luncheon – Jon Carloftis, Garden Designer, named for a second year as one of the The Salonniere100 honorees who are considered America’s most gifted and influential cultural connectors, will share his unique perspective on gardening
- Wednesday Installation Banquet in the Historic Dining Room of Boone Tavern- Nancy Hargroves, National Garden Clubs, Inc. President will speak on “Plant America” and install Donna Smith as The Garden Club of Kentucky, Inc. President
- Reception following in the Lobby
- Thursday, April 11 Awards/Scholarship Breakfast – Please join us for an exciting Awards Presentation and recognition of GCKY’s newest scholars
- State Petite Standard Flower Show: share you love of gardening by entering your petite and dwarf horticulture and designs – click on this link for the flower show schedule .
- Judges Council Design Banquet – don’t miss one of the most anticipated annual banquets as the guest speaker shares what makes gardeners and designers grow and play with flowers and plants. Leave after a good laugh, with newly gained insight and go forth to plan your own masterpieces whether a garden or design.
- Opening Luncheon with Jon Carloftis– renown garden designer and a true Kentuckian who shares his talents to highlight the best of Kentucky making it a destination for many
- Landscape Design Consultants Breakfast – Open to everyone – come eat, listen, and be inspired by the best of the best
- Living Roof Birdhouse Workshop: join NGC Horticulture Instructor, Sue Kirkman for this make and take workshop on Wednesday afternoon and leave with a creative home for you feathered friends
- Fun With Flowers: Join your friendsWednesday afternoon in this fun, hands on, make and take workshop. Where else will you learn how to make a topiary using a toilet plunger?
- Walking Tour of historic Berea College – student tout guides will share the historic significance of Berea College and the legacy of the Student Arts and Crafts Movement
- Join Patrick Huston on a tour of Boone Tavern, Kentucky’s first LEED-certified hotel, receiving a LEED GOLD rating. Built in 1909, Boone Tavern has served the needs of the College for the last 100 years and continues to be a vital part of the campus.
- Meet NGC President Nancy Hargroves and Greet GCKY President Paula Hyatt during the Social Hour Wednesday evening
- Awards/Scholarship Breakfast, Thursday Morning, share in the awards ceremony as our clubs celebrate their achievements as we welcome GCKY’s College Scholarship Recipients
- NEW BOARD MEETING– following the awards breakfast – all board members and club presidents for 2019-2021 are expected to attend to receive important information for the new administration.
Attend this exciting meeting in historic Berea, celebrate all that garden club has to offer, and leave with new ideas and plans for your club. The meeting will not be complete without you!
~Contact: Susan Leo 941.321.9230 email@example.com | Mountain Laurel District ~What: Flower Show
~Where: Boone’s Tavern, Berea Kentucky
~When: Tue 9 Apr 2019 (3:30 PM – 10:00 PM Eastern Time)
The Mountain Laurel District presents a NGC Standard Petite Flower Show, “Just a Bird’s Eye View of My Old Kentucky Home”, to be held in conjunction with the GCKY Annual Meeting at Boone Tavern in Berea, Kentucky. The Flower Show is scheduled for Tuesday, April 9, 2019, and will be open to the public from 3:30 to 10:00 p.m. All members of a GCKY sanctioned club are encouraged to participate.
List of Invasive Plants that may not be used in arrangements
All exhibits will be accepted from 5:00-8:00 p.m. on Monday, April 8th and from 7:00 a.m.-12:00 noon on Tuesday, April 9th. Exhibits must be removed Wednesday before noon.