National Garden Week
Date & Time
Sun 2 Jun 2019 – Sat 8 Jun 2019
National Garden Clubs http://www.gardenclub.org
Join NGC clubs across the country and celebrate National Garden Week during the first week of June. Promote the NGC objectives of beautification, education of environmental efforts, gardening, and involvement of Garden Clubs in your community. This week is an opportunity to encourage pride in your community, interest new members, and work with other groups to be part of those efforts.
Ideas to consider:
- Plan an educational program and/or workshop at your local library, public garden or garden center.
- Sponsor a hands-on “How Do You Select Flowers/Shrubs for Your Garden” workshop at an area nursery.
- Plan a garden tour. This is a great time to share your knowledge of growing, while sharing ideas.
- Beautify a manageable blighted area or enhance an existing garden. This would be a good opportunity to work with other groups.
- Plan an activity with a youth group or school students.
- Place a plant or flower arrangement at public facilities, along with one of the beautiful National Garden Week posters.
Share the value and efforts of Garden Clubs with your community! Encourage members of your community to be involved! Interest potential members!
Visit the National Garden Club website for more details.
- Dr. Durham on Orchids - Wed 27 Mar 2019 Frankfort
- Standard Petite Flower Show - Tue 9 Apr 2019 Berea
- Bluegrass Iris Society Iris Show, "Iris Time in the Bluegrass" - Sat 11 May 2019 Lexington
- The Garden Club of Danville Garden Tour - Sat 18 May 2019
- Crestwood Civic Club Art & Garden Market - Sat 1 Jun 2019 Crestwood