Online Resources – Education about Pollinators
POLLINATION – ONLINE EDUCATION RESOURCES:
- The following link to a You Tube presentation on Pollinators is perfect to review pollination with students who understand the basic concepts. http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/xHkq1edcbk4?rel=0
- http://www.fs.fed.us/wildflowers/pollinators/documents/AttractingPollinatorsV5.pdf. A wonderful pamphlet from the US Forest Service on pollinators.
- http://www.gardenclub.org/projects/presidents-projects/backyard-wildlife-habitat.aspx. Learn about the “Bee a Wildlife Hero” program from The National Garden Clubs to certify your garden as a Backyard Habitat. Links are provided here to other resources available via NGC including the Million Garden project.
- Visit www.pollinator.organd www.xerces.org for tons of material, articles, brochures, and other educational material. The very best online resources for information on pollinators. Include links to other resources.
- http://pollinatorlive.pwnet.org/teacher/lessons.php#1– Listing of online resources for Pollinator Education
- https://www.pinterest.com/hux4rd/pollination-lesson-ideas Don’t forget Pinterest for fun activities and teaching materials on pollination.
- http://kidsgrowingstrong.org/Pollination One of the best description of pollinators for kids. Includes simple and appealing links to other pages on individual types of pollinators with other links to learn about individual species. Also, suggests activities. Clever and attractive. From California but appropriate to all.
- https://kidsgardening.org/lesson-plan-pollinator-lesson-plans – Fun activity with excellent photos of plants and pollinators along with other lesson plans on other gardening activities.
- http://pollinator.org/PDFs/NAPPC.NoFear.brochFINAL.pdf Good brochure on bees and gardens. Answers concerns about bees around children for parents and others.
- http://www.audubonadventures.org/native_bees_activity1.htmTeacher information and three activities geared to elementary school children and up.
- http://monarchlab.org/education-and-gardening/curricula/ The University of Minnesota provides curricula for grades K-6 on Monarch Observation and Migration. An amazing collection of material for teachers and students.
- http://www.learner.org/jnorth/tm/monarch/kids_current.html– Journey North provides in classroom material for teachers on Monarchs and Migration, as well as tools to turn your kids into citizen scientists.
- http://kidsbutterfly.org/education– One stop location for online butterfly educational resources. Includes a photo gallery, life cycle photos and color sheets, as well as links to many other online sites.