‘Let’s Grow!’ is the theme for this administration, and we have grown! GCKY has 15 clubs that have grown in membership over the previous year and we have gained a new club!
Some of the clubs have shared why their club has increased in membership.
- A few new members have come from inquiries on our GCKY website and then local clubs reaching out to them.
- No doubt word of mouth about the programs and activities is one of the best ways to gain members.
- Invite potential members and then follow up repeatedly with invitations to meetings by e-mails or calls.
- Club meeting attendance has even improved when current members have been contacted as well.
- By placing information in local papers about meetings, activities, and emphasizing that the meetings are open to everyone is another good way to get potential members.
- Having a flower show in the district brought in two new members who were interested in entering the flower show with their designs…they loved floral arranging.
- Another new member wants to help their club with a webpage.
Our federated clubs have so much to offer! There is a ‘hook’ for many potential members. We need to keep letting everyone know about us and how we can impact our communities in such positive ways!
Congratulations to these clubs who increased their membership!
- Audubon District
- Gateway GC
- Blue Grass District
- Boone Co. GC
- Gardenside Green Thumb GC
- Dogwood District
- Audubon Park GC
- Beechmont GC
- GC of Elizabethtown
- Rambler GC
- Warren East GC
- Limestone District
- Fleming Co GC
- Four Seasons GC
- Millersburg GC
- Paintsville GC
- Mountain Laurel District
- Green Thumbs GC
- Middlesborough GC
- Rockcastle GC
- Appalachian Roots GC (new club!)