The Boone County Garden Club meets at noon on the second Tuesday of each month at members’ homes. A light lunch is served followed by our business meeting. A presentation is made on various gardening topics and/or club projects by a guest speaker.
- showing children how to repot and plant marigolds for Mother’s Day
- Garden Clean Up at Dinsmore Historical Home in Burlington
- making floral arrangements and the Winner’s Circle floral blanket at the Turfway Park Jeff Ruby Steaks Race (3 yr old prep race for Ky Derby).
- arrange flowers monthly for Bluegrass Care Navigators hospice patients.
Meeting Schedule: 2nd Tuesdays at noon
- National Garden Clubs
- South Atlantic Region
- Garden Club of Kentucky, Inc.
- Blue Grass District
Boone County Garden Club creates Floral Blanket
On March 22, members of the Boone County Garden Club planted pansies in the Winner’s Circle at Turfway Park, and on March 23, we made floral arrangements and used 350 carnations to make the blanket for the winning horse of … Continue reading
Boone County Garden Club – Installation of Officers
On March 21, eleven new members joined the Boone County Garden Club as Carol Dennhardt, Bluegrass District Director, presided over the installation of our 2023 officers. Sharon Burcham, President Kate King, Vice President Donna Repenning, Treasurer Maryalice Markesbery, Corresponding Secretary … Continue reading
Boone County Garden Club Thanked by Fiscal Court
On June 8, 2022, the Boone County Fiscal Court presented a Proclamation for National Garden Week to the Boone County Garden Club: “Thank you for all you do for the County.”
Boone County GC Receives Commission
The Boone County Garden Club has been commissioned to plant and maintain the flower pots at the new plaza in downtown Burlington.