Celebrate National Garden Week in Your Community
Join NGC clubs across the country and celebrate National Garden Week, June 6-12, 2021. Promote the NGC objectives of beautification, education of environmental efforts, gardening, and involvement of Garden Clubs in your community. This week is an opportunity to encourage pride in your community, interest new members, and work with other groups to be part of those efforts.
Ideas to Consider:
- Plan an educational program and/or workshop at your local library, public garden or garden center.
- Sponsor a hands-on “How Do You Select Flowers/Shrubs for Your Garden” workshop at an area nursery.
- Plan a garden tour. This is a great time to share your knowledge of growing, while sharing ideas.
- Beautify a manageable blighted area or enhance an existing garden. This would be a good opportunity to work with other groups.
- Plan an activity with a youth group or school students.
- Place a plant or flower arrangement at public facilities, along with one of the beautiful National Garden Week posters.
There are two versions of the National Garden Week poster. One version is a fillable PDF file so that the name of a local garden club can be added (space for two lines) before printing the poster.
For more information, contact:
Sara Hemphill, National Garden Week Chairman