Garden Club of Kentucky, Inc.
President’s Special Youth Projects Awards
Award #1 Native Pollinator Conservation
Certificate and $25 to a club that presents the most outstanding program or activity in the field of environmental education and native pollinator conservation involving the youth.
1a Small club of 29 members and under
1b Club with more than 29 members
Book of evidence must include pictures and documentation of number of youth involved, list of native plants, and a copy of the program. Use the GCKY Application form. Email to email@example.com by December 31, 2015 and December 31, 2016. Awarded each year of my administration.
Scale of points for judging
35 Involvement of youth
35 Use of Native Plants
20 Environmental education
Award #2 New Youth Garden Club
Certificate and $25 to each club that organizes and sponsors a new Youth Garden Club with a minimum of 5 members and 5 meetings a year as required by National. Award Application must include name of Youth Garden Club, address, number and picture of members, schedule of program or activities for the 5 meetings. Application form may be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by December 31, 2015 and December 31, 2016. Use the GCKY application form. Awarded each year of my administration.
- Cancelling the 2020 Convention
- Pledging to Conserve
- Let’s Grow! How clubs increase their membership
- President’s Project – Appalachian Wildlife Center
- President’s Project: KY Highway Right-of-Ways
- President’s Message – Summer 2019
- Looking ahead to 2018
- History of the GCKY
- President’s Message – SAR 2017 January
- District Meetings
- President’s Message – SAR Key Notes 2016 January
- Keynotes Newsletter 2015 October
- Bring Back the Pollinators
- Special Youth Projects Awards
- Frankfort in August
- President’s Message July 2015
- Happy Gardening from President Edith Nelson
- Judges Symposium Visit