I left Bowling Green at 9:30 today to attend the Monarch Way Station dedication at the Governor’s Mansion in Frankfort. After driving through heavy rain from Elizabethtown to Bardstown, it was a welcome change to see the sunshine at the Frankfort exit off Blue Grass Parkway. After parking in the Governor’s Mansion parking lot, I was happy to see smiling garden club members attending the dedication. It was a great presentation by Joanna Kirby and Linda Porter.
After leaving the dedication, I drove around the circle drive where I stopped and viewed the beautiful floral clock and admired the architecture of our Kentucky State Capital Building.
From there I stopped at the Governor’s Mansion and to my surprise met Bluegrass District Director, Evelyn Hance and Boone County Garden Club President, Judy Biedenharn. We were happy to get our photo taken in front of the Governor’s Mansion.
If you haven’t visited our Capital in Frankfort, I encourage you to make the trip. I enjoyed my visit and had a wonderful day.
- Cancelling the 2020 Convention
- Pledging to Conserve
- Let’s Grow! How clubs increase their membership
- President’s Project – Appalachian Wildlife Center
- President’s Project: KY Highway Right-of-Ways
- President’s Message – Summer 2019
- Looking ahead to 2018
- History of the GCKY
- President’s Message – SAR 2017 January
- District Meetings
- President’s Message – SAR Key Notes 2016 January
- Keynotes Newsletter 2015 October
- Bring Back the Pollinators
- Special Youth Projects Awards
- Frankfort in August
- President’s Message July 2015
- Happy Gardening from President Edith Nelson
- Judges Symposium Visit