I consider it an honor to have the opportunity to serve as the President of The Garden Club of Kentucky, Inc. I truly appreciate the support and encouragement that you have given me as fellow gardeners. I am so grateful to my family and friends for their support and understanding in my undertaking of this position for the next two years.
My theme for this term is “Paving the Pathway to the Future” with emphasis on Youth Gardening and Native Pollinators Conservation. Our youth is our future and I especially want the pathway to lead to the encouragement of youth involvement. If our youth become involved with Conservation and Environmental Concerns, we will have a smoother pathway to the future.
I have appointed Ann Kowalkoski as Youth Advisor Chairman. Serving on her committee will be a representative from each of the five districts. I am asking club presidents to please appoint a youth chairman for their club. The committee will compile a quarterly report of youth activities and involvement across the state. This information will be used in the Bulletin and SAR Keynotes.
Linda Porter has graciously accepted the chairmanship for Native Pollinator Conservation along with continuing to chair the Monarch Waystations. Her involvement as Chair of Monarch Waystations Committee for Wild Ones has been extended to include all pollinators. She will be providing educational material and publications for our youth.
I appreciate those willing to serve as chairmen of the various committees. Together with the members across Kentucky, we can “Pave the Pathway to the Future” with and for our youth. Let’s keep the communications flowing.
- Cancelling the 2020 Convention
- Pledging to Conserve
- Let’s Grow! How clubs increase their membership
- President’s Project – Appalachian Wildlife Center
- President’s Project: KY Highway Right-of-Ways
- President’s Message – Summer 2019
- Looking ahead to 2018
- History of the GCKY
- President’s Message – SAR 2017 January
- District Meetings
- President’s Message – SAR Key Notes 2016 January
- Keynotes Newsletter 2015 October
- Bring Back the Pollinators
- Special Youth Projects Awards
- Frankfort in August
- President’s Message July 2015
- Happy Gardening from President Edith Nelson
- Judges Symposium Visit