I thought June was a busy month, but July, August, and September have kept gardeners busy. Here are just a few of the activities I was involved in:
- In August, there was a trip to Paris to the Board of Trustees followed by another on the morning of September 11th.
- It was an honor to attend and participate in the dedication of the Blue Star Marker in Florence, Kentucky sponsored by Boone County Garden Club.
- Bowling Green Garden Club member, Martha Kesler was celebrated at her 93rd birthday party and I was happy to present Martha with her Golden Circle Certificate from the 2022 GCKY State meeting. It was an exciting day for her and she proudly shares the photographs nd the certificate with visitors at the facility.
- The Cardinal Council of Garden Clubs Flower Show, “Celebrate Festive Holiday Design Show” was held in Bowling Green on September 20th at the historic Houchens Center. On September 21st, I participated in the virtual National Garden Club Fall Board Meeting. There were 167 Zooming participants. Our NGC President, Brenda Moore had obviously worked hard to prepare. The meeting culminated with an invitation to the 2024 Convention and Board Meeting in Denver, Colorado.
- The GCKY Executive Committee met on September 25th.
- Participants from across Kentucky came to the in-person Environmental School on September 27-28 held in Bowling Green.
- The five district meetings were held in October and the officers traveled together across the Commonwealth of Kentucky to attend them all. The hospitality was wonderful and the programs were varied and interesting. The district meetings are an opportunity for our members to socialize with other clubs, share information about projects and activities and enjoy the day.
Enjoy the upcoming holidays and thank you for your kindness, cooperation and willingness to help GCKY grow.